Who We Are
Jaime Garanflo’s career spans 30 years with the Texas Medical Board. She held a variety of positions, culminating as Director of the Licensure Division, which she held for 9 years. Her experience gives her unique breadth of knowledge of the board’s functions.
Jaime began her career at the TMB as a licensing analyst, became the board’s first complaint analyst, oversaw the agency’s initial venture into computers, and served as IT manager for 10 years, before finally returning to the Licensure Division.
As the Director of Licensure, Ms. Garanflo:
- was responsible for strategic operations and planning for the Licensing and Pre-Licensure, Registration & Consumer Services Departments,
- served as a member of the Senior Management Team,
- made determinations for applicant eligibility for licensure,
- planned and presented applicants cases, policy issues and rule changes to three boards,
- planned and implemented processes required due to new or changed statute,
- testified as a resource witness before state legislative committees, and
- served as a board representative to state and national organizations, Texas medical schools, Texas graduate medical education programs, and other state agencies and Texas communities.
Denise was selected by the Executive Director of the TMB to serve as a member of the team that traveled to Ross University Medical School for an assessment of the medical education offered by the school. Denise, like Jaime, served the board as both a resource for and a representative to the state legislature, state and national organizations, Texas medical schools, Texas graduate medical education programs, other state agencies and Texas communities.
Since leaving the board Denise has assisted various physician defense attorneys in preparing their clients for appearance before the Licensure Committee of the Texas Medical Board. Denise has also presented at the American University of the Caribbean as well as assisting AUC in preparing for a site visit team from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.